Link Server Tool to link users
Link Server is a free add-on tool for Outlook Messenger, which can be used for a Virtual Private Network & a Sub Network Office.
Link Server Tool can also be used in a single network, if you have problems with users displaying randomly on each refresh
Link Server can run in:
Lite Server Mode - Helps to link users. Data transfer is made directly between users (not recommended for VPN). OR
Central Server Mode - helps to link users. Also ALL communications are made via Link Server (Recommended for VPN & large networks).
How to use Link Server:
1. Install Outlook Messenger Link Server on a system in your main network.
2. Make sure Link Server service is added in the firewall exception list. If needed, open TCP Port 14221, which is used by Link Server Service.
3. ALL Outlook Messenger clients need to put the IP address of the computer running the Link Server Tool in
Outlook Messenger Settings > Network (Tab) > Link Server IP Address / Host Name.
4. Users who have provided this same link server IP Address will be displayed online and able to communicate.
5. Users who have NOT provided the link server IP Address will have problems with users displaying online & communication OR will not be displayed online nor be able to communicate.
If Link Server Service is stopped or there is a connection failure, Sub network / VPN /Other Network users linked by Link Server will be displayed Off-line.
Only Local Network users will be displayed Online.
Also check Link Server Pro for advanced features.