6. Right click the User List, and then click Settings
7. In the Settings window, click the Network Tab
and then click “Server Details”
8. In the Chat Server Login Screen, select the Connect to Outlook Messenger Chat Server checkbox.
9. In Server, enter the IP Address or Host name of the computer running Chat Server
10. In Email & Password, provide your related user account details defined in Chat Server.
11. Click “Sign In”
to connect Chat Server.
12. In the User List window, you can view the Link Server status icon
in running status.
Make sure Link Server is running in the mentioned IP Address and also check your firewall.
13. In the User List, you can view the users who are directly connected with Chat Server and also the Link Server users who are connected to Chat Server via Link Server.
14. Note: If the Link Server IP Address/Host name is provided in Settings, Outlook Messenger will try to connect to the Link Server first. If this fails, it will connect to the Chat Server. This is for users who usually work in the Office LAN Network
& want to connect via Internet while travelling or working from home.